Fayette County Sheriff's Office Hiring Process
Join the team at the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office.
The Fayette County Sheriff’s Office seeks individuals who are career oriented with a desire to serve our community through law enforcement services. We are a pro-active Office which offers a wide array of services to our citizens. To perform the mission of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office requires that current employees be available for duty at a moment’s notice. All prospective employees should be prepared to be available for shift work, as well as weekend duty.
We are currently accepting applications for Deputy Sheriff (PDF) and Detention Officers (PDF).
Starting Base Salaries:
Deputy Sheriff (POST Certified) $42,117.13
Detention Officer (Entry-Level) $38,156.04
We believe that our hiring process helps ensure that we select the applicants who are best qualified to work toward the goals of our Office. This process includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Completing and submitting our application
- Successfully completing an aptitude test
- Deputy Sheriff Applicants may exempt this requirement (PDF)
- Detention Officer Applicants may exempt this requirement by holding a valid Georgia Jail Officer Certification in good standing with the Georgia Peace Officer Standard and Training Council (POST).
- Both Deputy Sheriff and Detention Officer Applicants can exempt our aptitude test by holding either an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Detention Officer Applicants may exempt this requirement (PDF)
- Completion of a Long Questionnaire after Aptitude Testing or Exempting
- Physical agility test
- Minimum Requirements
- Push Ups: Twenty correct Push-ups in sixty seconds
- Sit-Ups: Twenty five Sit ups in sixty seconds
- Step Test: Twelve inch platform at 120 steps within five minutes (measures Cardiovascular or aerobic fitness)
- Minimum Requirements
- Passing an extensive background investigation
- Oral interview with background investigator and division director
- Truth verification exam
- Psychological evaluation
- After conditional offer, pass a drug screen and physical exam
The Sheriff’s Office conducts its own application and hiring process. Interested applicants may download an Application for Employment (PDF). Applications will not be processed unless submitted for a posted vacant position.
Mail or bring your completed application to:
Fayette County Sheriff’s Office
155 Johnson Avenue, Building A
Fayetteville, Georgia 30214
Note: If mailing your application be sure and have the two required pages notarized beforehand. If delivering the application here in person, we can notarize the two pages; Monday through Friday – 8:00 am until 6:00 pm.
Qualified applicants will be notified by mail of the date and time for testing. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
If you have any questions relating to our employment process and/or opportunities, please contact either:
Captain Tom W. Brenna, Support Services Division.
Phone: 770-716-4999, ext. 1745
Officer Amanda Hall, Support Services Division